Saturday, June 14, 2014

An observation - MAUI MAXPROC initally not working on Torque 2.5

I reinstalled Torque 2.5 and MAUI. After going through the setup as found in Installing Torque 2.5 on CentOS 6. But instead of using the xcat scripts, I used the scripts found in contrib folder to do the installation

I also installed MAUi based on MAUI Installation on Torque and xCAT

After setting up the configuration, and testing with sample qsub

$ echo "sleep 30" |qsub -l nodes=2:ppn8 
. The MAXPROC limits in MAUI does not seems to work.

The solution  I found later on is that I made a mistake of starting service pbs_shed start before service pbs_server start which cause the MAXPROC in MAUI to stop functioning. When I started service pbs_server only, the MAXPROC in Maui works. strange....

No comments: